Dan Kent is the founder and principal of Kent Law, P.C. His national practice focuses on intellectual property litigation and trial work, including patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright cases. Mr. Kent is an experienced trial lawyer, having successfully tried a wide variety of matters from patent and copyright infringement cases, to cases of alleged defamation and medical malpractice. He has successfully handled numerous appeals involving complex scientific, technical, and legal issues. He has extensive experience efficiently managing all aspects of large-scale patent and other cases. Mr. Kent is listed in the 2009 and 2011 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Intellectual Property Law. He has been recognized by his peers as a "Georgia Super Lawyer," and he is called upon regularly to speak about intellectual property topics to lawyers and business leaders. Mr. Kent has achieved an AV Preeminent Peer Review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Duke University School of Law, JD, 1990
Editorial Board, Duke Law Journal
Semifinalist, Craven Cup National Moot Court Competition, Am. Jur. Book Award: Trial Practice
- Grace College, BS, 1986, magna cum laude, Communications
- State Bar of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Memberships and Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia - Intellectual Property Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- North Fulton Bar Association
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy - instructor
- "The Value of Intellectual Property" (panelist) - Southeast Medical Device Association (SEMDA) (2009).
- "Underwater Devices Dries Up: Life After In re Seagate" (moderator) - State Bar of Georgia, Intellectual Property Law Section (2007).
- "Patent Trolls and Profiteers: Operating in Today’s Patent Assertion Environment" (panelist) - Intellectual Property Law Institute (2006).
- "Bidding for Injunctive Relief After Ebay v. MercExchange" (panelist) - State Bar of Georgia, Intellectual Property Law Section (2006).
- "Ethics in IT Litigation," LSI Technology Litigation seminars (2001, 2002, and 2005).
- "Litigating Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Cases" (panelist) - Intellectual Property Law Institute (2002).
- "Communicating with Present and Former Employees of Adverse Parties under the New Georgia Rules of Professional Conduct," Technology Law (2002).
- "Copyright for Corporate Counsel," American Corporate Counsel Association, Georgia Chapter (2001).
- "Navigating Cyberspace: Legal Issues Surrounding E-Business," Small Business Development Conference, DeKalb County Office of Contract Compliance (2000).
- "Intellectual Property Issues for Magazines, Newspapers, and Other Publications," Entertainment and Sports Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia (1998).